Friday 13 February 2015

Unnamed - Peugeot Aubisque (1987-1989)

Some time ago I found a Peugeot Aubisque standing in a backyard.

(This is not the Peugeot Aubisque I found. This looks like a really happy example! I borrowed the picture from Australian Cycling Forums. I hope that's OK!)

It was exposed to the weather, wind and snow, and it missed handlebars, saddle, derailleurs, chain and brakes. The wheels were bent, with broken spokes and the tires were flat. It looked really sad. But I thought that it was a shame that it should just stand there and become a wreck, since the frame was really nice. It was too big for me but I still decided to save it - I took it home and reported to the lost property office at the police that I had found it, and that I was keeping it in my place. A few days later I got a letter from the police, saying that they had registered the bike. Three months later - yesterday - I got another letter from the police, saying that no one had claimed it and now it's mine.




Aubisque is one of the great hills that occur in Tour de France (some years).




 I just love the 80's colour scheme!


The wheels were in such a bad state that they were unusable, but I have cleaned the frame + fork up and I still have the chainset, pedals and the saddle post. Stupidly enough I misplaced the headset, the bottom bracket and the crankset when I cleaned it up... New parts are available here, for about US$80 + shipping. So here's what's going to happen:

In some time I am going to order the parts, and then I will sell the bike for at least €71 (+ shipping). I will try to sell it at one of the bicycle second-hand markets here in Gothenburg, and there I will hopefully also have a special surprise... However, if you want to buy this frame + fork, the chainset, pedals and the saddle post now, as it is, before I have ordered the new parts that's possible too. Just give me a decent offer and you can have it.


The frame would, by my estimation, fit someone who is about 185 cm or taller. When I stood astraddle over it I had to stand on my toes to reach the ground, and I am 178 cm tall. If you're into fixies and are thinking about converting it, here's some inspiration.

Ride safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment